Although Spring officially started this month, March decided not to take any notice of it and it was bitterly cold here throughout.
On one of my walks I decided to take advantage of the still barren trees and took a few photos from their spindly branches reaching into the clear skies.
With some editing magic (Snapseed) these following two images of the same photo came to life:
I couldn´t decide which one I like more, so I posted them both. 😉 Do you have a preference?
You might have noticed that I posted quite a lot of water color paintings this month, mostly birds – this is mainly due to me having acquired a beautiful new set of professional water colors that I had been eyeing for years now but never bought because to be honest, they are quite pricey (about 89 Eur).
The funny thing is, in German the word “Schmincke” (which is the name of this brand of artist supplies) is very similar to the word “Schminke” which means “make-up” in German.
I normally wear no make-up at all, only some lipstick, so telling people that I had bought some new “Schminke” caused at first many raised eye brows and irritation (also some heavy scrutinizing of my clearly make-up free face) – until I explained what kind of “Schmincke” I meant. 😉
You can tell that they are quite something because each of the little pans is separately wrapped and sealed!
I spent a good quarter of an hour to unwrap them all and put the pans back into their places.
And because I wanted Spring to come on time (it didn’t work), I thought I might help it getting ready by painting and thus reminding it of some of my favourite flowers:
As to all the other paintings I made this month, they are soon going to be posted separately. 😉
If you would like to join me and the others in this challenge, here are the guidelines:
The Changing Seasons Version One (photographic):
- Each month, post 5-20 photos in a gallery that you feel represent your month
- Don’t use photos from your archive. Only new shots.
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
The Changing Seasons Version Two (you choose the format):
- Each month, post a photo, recipe, painting, drawing, video, whatever that you feel says something about your month
- Don’t use archive stuff. Only new material!
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so others can find them.