The Power of Nature
What impressed me most this month was the sheer frightening power of Mother Nature, when during a storm that lasted only about half an hour, suddenly a lightening bolt struck the chimney from a house opposite mine.
Huge pieces of debris damaged roof tiles and cars, but luckily no people were hurt.
The Berliner Feuerwehr arrived shortly after the incident, examining the damage and securing the place.
I was hesitant at first to take some pictures, but after I saw that the firemen were doing it themselves – posing in front of the chimney, the enormous ladder in the background and then waving over to me on my balcony – I thought I would give it a go myself. Since no people were hurt and I didn’t hinder them in their efforts, I think it was okay for me to do this.
Since this school term comes to an end in a matter of weeks, I’m quite busy firing lots of ceramics that my students and I made this year.
A piece that I think came out quite nicely, is this new yarn bowl in shape of a kitten:
And this is how it looks now after I’ve applied a couple of different glazes:
Kitten yarn bowl – fired and glazed (May 2019)
During a lovely shopping trip with my mum (I usually don’t like shopping very much, but this time it was actually quite nice), I found these 5 notebooks that were a real bargain and that I simply had to buy, because one can never have enough notebooks, right? 😉
A New Blog Challenge!
And this morning I had an idea for a new blog challenge!
The challenge is going to start tomorrow, so stay tuned in. 😉
If you’re interested in participating, here are the guidelines for The Changing Seasons Challenge:
The Changing Seasons Version One (photographic):
- Each month, post 5-20 photos in a gallery that you feel represent your month
- Don’t use photos from your archive. Only new shots.
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
The Changing Seasons Version Two (you choose the format):
- Each month, post a photo, recipe, painting, drawing, video, whatever that you feel says something about your month
- Don’t use archive stuff. Only new material!
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so others can find them.
If you do a ping-back to Su´s original monthly post, she can update it with links to yours.