As usual November is a very busy month for me as I try to make as many handmade Christmas gifts as possible for family and friends.
To be honest, I’m not quite sure if they actually like these handmade presents of mine.
I know that some really do, but the majority probably doesn’t. That’s okay, I guess, and maybe it’s even a bit mean of me to keep gifting them like that. 😉
So here are the first two Snoopy amigurumi of many more to come:
My handmade clay yarn bowl with octopus design has been fired but is still waiting to be glazed.
And this weekend I spend a bit of time to form these Christmas funny gnomes from clay! I’m not actually a fan of your normal gnome like the garden variety ones, those I really can’t stand.
But these “Wichtel” as they are also called in German (that or “Gnom” which is identical to gnome), that hide beneath their pointed caps are quite cute, don’t you think?
The gnomes need to dry about a week before I can put them in the kiln to be fired. After that I’ll glaze and fire them again.
And when I’m not busy creating presents, I’m relaxing with a good book and a cup of tea.
The German translation of Tolstoi’s “War and Peace” counts nearly 1600(!) pages – my guess is, that the English translation might have a few pages less. Anyone got a copy and can verify this?
If you would like to join in, here are the challenge guidelines:
The Changing Seasons Version One (photographic):
- Each month, post 5-20 photos in a gallery that you feel represent your month
- Don’t use photos from your archive. Only new shots.
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
The Changing Seasons Version Two (you choose the format):
- Each month, post a photo, recipe, painting, drawing, video, whatever that you feel says something about your month
- Don’t use archive stuff. Only new material!
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so others can find them.
If you do a ping-back to Su’s original post, she can update hers with links to all of yours.