I´m completely thrilled to have been nominated again for two wonderful Blog Awards!
The first one is The Blogger Recognition Award for which I have to thank Cathi from OVER THE HILL on the YELLOW BRICK ROAD! 🙂 Please check out her wonderful blog, and I promise you that you will fall in love with the marvelous stories she´s creating.
In order to earn this award I need to answer the following two questions:
- Write a brief story of how your blog started:
One night, it was Christmas Day 2014, I looked at my easel and some acrylic paint that had literally been purchased a decade ago and felt myself longing to give it a try and see what happens – the last time I painted was at school over 10 years ago, so you can imagine that I was somewhat hesitant to do this.
If you´re curious now what came out of it, you can have a look here.
I painted some more and then stumbled upon a book by Jojo Moyes (One Plus One) where one of the main characters created a personal blog to help him deal with the problems his family was going through.
I was instantly hooked by the idea, did some research – et voilà! – my blog Art Expedition was born!
- Give a piece of advice to new bloggers:
Write about something that truly interests and inspires you, the rest will follow automatically.
And now to the fifteen bloggers I´m nominating for The Blogger Recognition Award:
Here are the Rules for the Blogger Recognition nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide links to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award
- Attach the award to your post.
- Write a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice to new bloggers.
- Select the other 15 blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Be inspired to live your best life every day.
The second award I´ve been nominated for is The Growing Self Blogger Award.
This award has been created by Roda from over at Growing Self and you can read in her own words what it is about:
“The Growing Self Blogger Award has been created to acknowledge and celebrate amazing individuals, in the blogging community, who are persevering through life’s challenges not only to GROW as individuals, but to reach out and help others GROW as well.”
Dominique is one of those bloggers I can literally never get enough of! Apart from blogging about the glamorous world of fashion, she’s a scientific journalist and author who always manages to combine all her wonderful talents into the kind of posts that are at once funny, highly informative and also alluring at times. 😉
Darren is another one of these bloggers who never fails to amaze me with his artwork (he paints the most beautiful flowers you can imagine), his humor and also his straightforward approach to the things that happen in his life and his courage to share it with his fellow bloggers and friends.
And here are the rules to this award:
Put the award logo/image on your blog;
List the rules;
Thank the individual that nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
Describe the award and mention the creator: Roda – Growingself.blog;
Nominate up to 5 blogs. Remember, the purpose of this award is to specifically celebrate those individuals that have made a difference in your life or the lives of others;
Give at least 1 reason why you nominated each individual.
Notify your nominees of the award
- Divya from Travel Food Art lets her followers take part in the beautiful journey that is her life and fills me always with awe, joy and inspiration when I read her marvelous posts. Her talents seem to know no end – she´s a divinely gifted pastry cook and baker and also knows how to work magic with words.
- Lauren from Baydreamer writes the most delightful and magnificent poetry and always manages to make me think and be more appreciative about the wonders of life, or simply just makes me smile which is always one of the best gifts there are in this world.
- Ju-Lyn from Sunrise, Sunset – Matters of Perspective shares her wonderful view of the world and her life in her touching posts and also shows us the beauty that surrounds her and her family daily in beautiful Singapur. Her words always inspire me to take nothing for granted and to make me notice the delicate and endless wonders of life.
- Kerry from Postcards from Kerry is an incredibly charming, witty and funny lady who has the biggest heart I know in our WordPress family and probably also beyond it. She shares with us her travels through the world and up and down her family tree as well, uncovering lovely hidden places and insights. Her pictures and stories about her two lovely cats always make me smile and her love for all the critters that inhabit our world is only equaled by mine.
- Lana from L.T. Garvin is one the best writers I have come across here on WordPress and I always look forward to new short fictions, excepts from her novel (which is out now!!) or poems that simply take my breath away. After a short blogging pause she´s back again which I couldn’t be more happy about!
Please note, that you are under no obligation to either accept or take part in these awards!
And because I always include something I´ve created in my posts, I´m sharing with you here a little water color of the cutest duckling I´ve ever seen: Franklin!
Thank you Roda for allowing me to make this painting inspired by your lovely photo! 🙂